We are fully a fully bespoke author services company
This means that unlike other companies who can provide you with package pricing, we cannot. We will create and quote a package unique to you and your project. This ensures you are not being overcharged for services you do not require. However, we understand wanting to have some idea of ballpark costs when researching and/or budgeting for an upcoming project. The following are current as of January 2023, but are reviewed and revised as needed and therefore subject to change.
Many elements of book production are based on word counts. Typically, there are about 280 words per page in a published 6″ x 9″ book. This will vary with trim sizes, margins, images, footnotes, and more, but is a ballpark guide that may be helpful for you.
How may new clients do you need to acquire with your book to cover the initial cost?
This is the best question to ask. Remember that a book is created once, and can be used for as long as the information is still current and relevant to your business. It is an investment upfront that should yield a substantial return on that investment.
Writing can include:
- Compilation of your material into a book from your written materials (blog posts, etc.): $0.20+/word
- Transcription of audio or video files and compilation into a book (100-150 words per minute average): $0.30+/word
- My team interviews you and writes the manuscript: $0.50+/word
The full package, includes the below bullets: $5,000+ for first 10,000 words; $2,000+ per 10,000 words additional
- Beta readers
- Cover design
Custom illustrations – $200+
You keep all the rights to your book, so there are no limits to what you can do with it.
- Source a printer for you and assist with file uploading. $200+
- Print and ship books to your location. Varies based on printing and shipping costs.
- Advise you on publication, if desired. Included.